The Age Discrimination in Employment Act ("ADEA") prohibits discrimination against employees who are at least 40 years old. The law applies to employers with 20 or more employees.
Age discrimination claims can be hard to prove, and many attorneys won't even take these cases. However, if you've been laid off, demoted, terminated, or disciplined because of your age, contact us to discuss your rights.
Have you experienced any of the following?
- You have been passed over for promotions, which were given to younger and more inexperienced workers.
- Your coworkers over the age of 40 are being laid off at a disproportionate rate than younger employees.
- Your supervisor or manager has made negative comments about your age.
- You are being singled out and disciplined for conduct that your manager tolerates from younger coworkers.
- You were fired to prevent you from reaching the vesting period for your 401k, pension, or other retirement benefits.
If you are in the midst of any of these situations, talk to an attorney before making any decisions. We are here to help.